Bill's Friends and Family

Friday, April 18, 2008

And Now A Word From Maggie


Grandpap is getting settled into bed for the night, so I have just a quick minute to tell all you wonderful people how my Grandpap is doing before Nana comes in here and makes me go to bed.
My mommy and I have been here for three days and I've learned that Grandpap and I have a lot in common. We both like our naps, we enjoy sweets more than veggies and we both have people taking care of us all the time.
We always found time to play! I showed Grandpap how to work all my toys (especially the loud ones) and how fast I can walk. If I practice a little more, I may be able to beat Grandpap in a race. But only if I don't have to make any turns.
While I've been here lots of friendly people have stopped by to visit or to bring some delicious food. The phone is always ringing with someone trying to bridge the distance with well-wishes. Nana and Grandpap have such wonderful friends. All my friends do is pull my hair or take my toys - I'm glad to see friendship gets better as you get older.
Today, Grandpap got platelets at the hospital. He came back pretty tired, but at the dinner table I told him lots of stories. I have a lot to say. He laughed a lot and said something to my mommy about karma. I don't know what that is, but mom rolled her eyes.
Well, it's time for me to get to bed and say my prayers for Grandpap. I think God must be listening, because he's smiling a lot more lately.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, this is what we need more of in life...what the children think. I have been in Philly with my youngest grandchild for three weeks now so I know what I am talking about.

Jeff and I will be in Chicago around May 6th and we hope to see the Hubers then. See you soon!

Love and prayers always,

Pam and Jeff

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Maggie, I am so glad that you are helping Nana to write tonight. You are writing in such well developed sentences. Keep grandpap laughing because that is the "best" medicine.

Remind him that if he doesn't eat his veggies your great Aunt Gail, "the Food Nazi", will set him straight next weekend.

Prayers for all of you.
Love,
Great Aunt Paula

Anonymous said...

Maggie, David and I are so glad you are visiting with Nana and GrandPap. We can't wait to meet you and tell you wonderful stories about your Mom. Keep GrandPap laughing and eating sweets.
Becky and David

Lynn said...

Maggie ~ How glad we are that you are there to help Nana and to make Grandpap smile.
Lynn and Lake

Anonymous said...

It is always good to get an innocent point of view for any situation. Thank you, Maggie!!

Glad Grandpap has a smile on his face. Can't wait to see it!

Home is the place that gives strength and perspective. Welcome home Grandpap/Bill!

Looking forward to our visit.
Love and prayers,
Great Aunt Gail, AKA the Food Nazi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Huber household is full of smiles and good spirit. Glad to here life is better at home. As I tell my patients, "There is nothing like home!"

Much love & prayers,
E.B.

Anonymous said...

Maggie,

Thank you for sending us your notes today. You are just what the doctor ordered to make your Gandpa feel better. Smiles, laugher, and playing are the best medicines in the world. I know that you are helping everyone. Enjoy these special times with your Grandpa.

You can now see the advantage of getting older...Great friends.

Love and prayers,

Suzanne and Joe

Anonymous said...

Though we are in Arizona, our prayers are with all the Huber family.

Love, Jerry and Mary Ellen

Lynn said...

Maggie ~ I have been thinking about your posting from yesterday. I bet your Nana is not nearly as hard nosed about bedtime as your momma remembers. Keep making your Grandpap smile and give lots of hugs and kisses to your Nana and tell her I love her.
Lynn Frazier

Anonymous said...

Maggie, I think you brought lots of smiles to Grandpa and Nana's house and they don't want you to leave for a very long time.

I'm glad you found that friends do get nicer as we get older. I seldom have trouble with my friends pulling my hair anymore but they sometimes do still take my toys. However, I have learned to just smile and share with them.

I understand what your Grandpa meant with the Karma talk - and you will figure it out when you are older and you'll laugh about it.

Write again when you can, Maggie, as you bring cheer to everyone who reads your words. You are a beautiful, precious little girl.

God Bless you All,
Dori

Anonymous said...

How about that! Maggie may follow in her mom's footsteps......great writing seems to run in this family. ;-) I can't wait until I have a smart little grand child to make me smile and keep me on my toes!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Great to see that the talented Huber family has produced even a more talented from of human......Grandchildren.

Still praying and asking God for his healing powers on your family.

Love, Janet and George

Anonymous said...

Wow Maggie,
What a sweetheart you are! Keep bringing lots of love to your grandma and grandpa cause it will carry them soooo far. You are one of life's richest blessings.

We continue to think of all of you and hold you close in prayer daily. Many blessings from our house to yours.
Peace,
Julie Schlegel

Anonymous said...

I love the guest-bloggers! What a treat to hear from Jon and Maggie! Bill and Nancy, it sounds like you're having a lot of fun, for once. GREAT!!! Keep eating your veggies, or else like my kids, you may find them hidden in your desserts. :)

Take care, both of you!

Love,
Janet and John