Bill's Friends and Family

Friday, October 5, 2007

October 5th- Bone Marrow Results

Once again, as the doctors predicted, Bill’s bone marrow is “clean”. That means less than 5% white cell blasts. This is what the doctors want to see, and they say his body is ready for the next round of chemo.
Bill will return to Loyola Medical Center early Tuesday morning. He will have a 3 hour chemo treatment of just one drug. Rest for 8 hours, then repeat another 3 hour treatment. He will either spend the night in the hospital, or come home, depending on the hour that they finish. Jon arrives on Monday, so he will be taking Bill to and from the hospital, a 1 1/2 hour drive in rush hour, or 45 minutes other times.
Bill will return on Thursday and Saturday for a repeat of Tuesday. Then home to rest and rebuild his blood supply again.

The doctors say, and we are hoping, that this round will not be as brutal as the earlier treatments. I will let you know about that. And I might even get Jon to “blog” while I am in Charlotte. Otherwise, it could be a week before I write again.

The meals our Sunday School Class and neighbors have brought over have been so good. Bill and I are both gaining weight. A good thing for him, but not for me.
God Bless you all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for the report. Bill is such a good patient - and you a good caretaker.It is good that he is doing well - but it is a double edged sword - getting better, getting more chemo. What is wrong with that picture? I am sure Jon will be a wonderful caretaker - wonder who will be caring for whom? Good male bonding time!!

Have a great time with Grandbaby Andrew. I'm sure Kari is anxiously awaiting your visit - we all need our moms when we become moms.

Hope to hear good news soon!

Love, prayers, and good health,
Gail

Anonymous said...

So glad the news is good. That makes my day. Enjoy the good food from your SS class. You need the energy. Give Andrew a hug and kiss from us.
Love to both of you,
Becky

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your good news about the tests. I'm sure Nurse Nancy has given Jon strict orders on taking care of you. I'm sure he will post some news of your new round of chemo,since he is so technologically advanced. I hope his adventures in driving in Chicago aren't too adventuresome.

I know Nancy will enjoy her visit with Andrew. I imagine we will have plenty of new pictures soon.

Taking time to say more prayers
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Good news - stay with the program and hope for the best. VOLS looked good today and I am sure that you guys were watching - right? Keep hanging in there.
David Eaker

Anonymous said...

Bill, don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything at all. We're *less* than a hop, skip, and a jump away! Enjoy the one on one time with your kids!
- Janet and John

Anonymous said...

Hope you and Jon are bonding well. Good Luck tomorrow. Rest up tonight.
Saying some prayers.
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. We are keeping you both in our prayers..Just a little point of interest, Mark and I were at the Tenn. game Sat, other than being hot, it was terrific.
Love you both,
Pat

Lynn said...

I know the road ahead is long and bumpy but what a great start you have. I know those beautiful grandbabies add to your reasons to get better. Lake and I both think of you often and pray that your treatment will be successful. Nancy, I hope you are rocking little Andrew and am so glad you are able to be with Kari at this time. Lynn Frazier